Guide To Create Cross Browser & Pixel Perfect Web Layouts with CSS
BY JAMES ALL @PSDTOHTML5 8 FEBRUARY,2016
As a professional web developer, you must be well aware of the fact that a website with an organized layout and definitive structure is just not enough to attract the visitors instead it should be cross-browser compatible so that it processes uniformly on all the browsers. Considering the impeccable developing features of CSS, the developers have diligently shifted to CSS to build cross-browser compatible website designs & layouts.
To begin with the process of creating cross-browser pixel perfect layout, it is necessary to know some fundamentals and terminologies related to CSS.
CSS – Introduction
CSS- “Cascading Style Sheets” is a computer language which defines the presentation of a document written using a markup language. It is majorly used to customize the layout of the web page by adding/altering colors, font style, size, color, spacing, layout, background color, and much more. The major advantage of working with CSS is that just like HTML, it is supported by almost all the browsers.
Apart from this, CSS also functions as the describing element that defines displayed elements on the screen. Most importantly, it can simultaneously control layouts of different pages at a given time.
What Exactly Does CSS Do?
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) transforms web pages by changing their font, color, content style, spacing, layout, etc. Developers use CSS to create web pages compatible to multiple web browsers. These customized web pages configure layouts that can be uniformly seen on web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.
Now, let’s know some important tips & principle(s) of creating cross-browser as well as pixel perfect layout with CSS.
Tips to Create Cross-Browser Pixel Perfect Layout with CSS
1. With the help of HTML coding in CSS documents, define the alignment of the page on the browser in such a manner so that it opens uniformly on all the browsers. This is done because every browser has its own set of default display settings which may sideline your site once it’s opened on it.
2. To keep your site bug-free, it is better to avoid unnecessary/invalid XHTML, HTML, or CSS codes
3. Keep a tab on the list of browsers that visitors used to land on your site’s page.
4. Do all necessary checks, majorly about site’s compatibility to check if it’s displays correctly on the browser or not
5. Get informed about the CSS box model to achieve cross-browser layouts with minimal hacks
6. Make use of appropriate color schemes and font colors
7. Do not forget to inculcate text decoration, text alignment, and text indentation
8. Proper spacing and heights in between the words and phrases make the sheet look more appealing
Thus, consider these simple tips of extreme significance to make cross-browser compatible sites.
Are you looking for an innovative and effective mainstay to create cross-browser, pixel perfect layouts for your website project or looking forward to convert your PSD to HTML/CSS or PSD to HTML5/CCS3? You must approach a prominent web development company such as PSD2HTML5 that deploys proven methodologies to delivers economical and effective web development services.